3:08 PM 03/04/2015
President Barack Obama’s deputies hid the rapid-fire start of his November amnesty from the Texas judge who is now weighing the amnesty’s legality.
The cover-up was exposed March 3, the same day that top GOP leaders pressured GOP legislators to pass a toothless budget bill for the Department of Homeland Security, which doesn’t block funding for Obama’s unpopular and possibly illegal amnesty.
Obama signed the funding bill March 4.
On Feb. 16, the Texas judge froze Obama’s two-part amnesty, which was intended to provide residency, work-permits and tax-rebates to roughly five million illegals.
The program for roughly 1 million younger illegals is called the “Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals,” and it was launched in June 2012, five months before the 2012 election. Obama’s November amnesty upgrades the 2012 DACA work-permits from two years to three years.
The program for roughly 4 million parent illegals is called DAPA, or “Deferred Action for Parents of Americans and Lawful Permanent Residents.”
In November, administration statements declared they would not start the DACA upgrade until Feb. 18, and would start the DAPA amnesty in May 2015.
The judge temporarily froze the program on Feb. 16, pending a final judgement and subsequent appeals.
But on March 3, Obama’s lawyers admitted to the judge that officials had already given three-year DACA amnesties to 100,000 younger people, according to a March 4 article in the Washington Examiner.
“Out of an abundance of caution, however, Defendants wish to bring one issue to the Court’s attention,” said the administration’s document given to the judge. “Between November 24, 2014 and the issuance of the Court’s [Feb. 16] Order, USCIS granted three-year periods of deferred action to approximately 100,000 individuals who had requested deferred action under the original 2012 DACA guidelines.”
The officials excused the deception by claiming that the announced Feb. 18 start-date “may have led to confusion about when USCIS had begun providing three-year terms of deferred action to individuals already eligible for deferred action under 2012 DACA.”
But the Obama administration repeated the November line in a Jan. 15 statement to the judge.
“Revised DACA would be accepted until the 18th of February… [and] no action would be taken on any of those applications until March the 4th,” Obama’s lawyer told the judge, prior to the Feb. 16 freeze.
The judge is now completing his final judgement in the case.